The most efficient reception and streaming solution
Built around a modular platform hosting a wide selection of modules, Appear
TV’s XC5000/XC5100 platform can be configured as a turn-key head-end or as a
standalone solution designated for intensive service processing applications.
The XC5000/XC5100’s integrated architecture offers superior reliability, while
its single web-based management interface simplifies deployment and
reduces maintenance routines. A user friendly GUI offers intuitive selection of
services, and comprehensive management facilities featuring automatic and
manual configuration possibilities.
The XC5000/XC5100’s high density and selection of multiple source inputs
makes it the most effective content aggregation solution. Configured as a
high density receiver, services from sources including IP, DVB-S/S2/S2X, DVB-C and
DVB-T/T2 networks as well as ASI feeds, can be obtained and output via ASI, IP,
QAM and COFDM.
Appear TV’s high performance multi-service descramblers maximize receiver
utilization and simplify system design and deployment. Appear TV provides
two types of descramblers: one that is CAM-based (DVB-Common Interface)
and another for bulk descrambling. The DVB-CI based descramblers are
capable of descrambling up to 10 DVB scrambled services per CAM.
The bulk descrambler, on the other hand, is aimed at software-based CA
systems. It is used for the descrambling of multiple services protected by one
or more CA systems. The bulk descrambler is capable of descrambling up to
250 DVB or AES scrambled services.
With support for various CA systems, be it hardware-based or software-based,
Appear TV’s descramblers are an efficient, space and energy saving solution.
The XC5000/XC5100’s scrambling capabilities is amidst the highest performance in the market. Compatible with major CA systems, Appear TV supports AES and DVB CSA algorithms and offers a number of throughput options.
The XC5000/XC5100 can carry out EPG regeneration to regenerate schedule
information using channel bouquets received from multiple sources. Via the
GUI, operators can configure the number of days the schedule information
should be played out, the data rate, etc. It is also possible to prioritize a higher
repetition for events that are nearer in time.
Digital audio leveling for both radio and TV channels from different studios,
processed with different encoder settings, is possible with the XC5000/XC5100.
The audio leveling solution enables operators to individually adjust the audio
level of up to 250 channels within the MPEG domain.
Resilience is built into the Appear TV architecture. XC5000/XC5100 modules are hot-swappable, including power supplies and fans, and along with SMPTE 2022-1 (Pro-MPEG COP3) FEC, Appear TV’s redundancy solution offers full or partial redundancy for a variety of failure scenarios.
- Modular platform, available in 4 RU and 1 RU variant
- Input options:
- IP unicast/multicast
- DVB-C / ITU-T J.83 Annex A, B and C
- Analog RF, PAL/SECAM/NTSC (encoding)
- SDI/HD-SDI/CVBS (encoding)
- Any combination of inputs in the same chassis, in one 4 RU chassis maximum:
- 32 8VSB/QAM B inputs
- 32 IP inputs, 25 VLANs per port
- 64 DVB-S/S2/S2X/T/T2/C/ISDB-T/RF/ASI inputs
- PSI/SI/PSIP input analysis (DVB and ATSC)
- T2MI de-encapsulation
- CAM descrambling, up to 32 DVB-CI slots in one 4 RU chassis
- DVB-CSA/AES bulk descrambling (BISS and selected CA systems)
- DVB-CSA/AES scrambling with Simulcrypt
- EPG regeneration and insertion
- Audio leveling
- PSI/SI/PSIP regeneration (DVB and ATSC)
- IP features:
- Integrated multiplexing
- Unicast and multicast
- IPv4 and IPv6
- IGMPv2 and IGMPv3 (SSM)
- RTP header generation
- SMPTE 2022-1 FEC (Pro-MPEG COP3)
- Seamless (hitless) input redundancy
- Cloned output
- Low latency
- DVB-T/T2 gateway (MIP insertion and T2MI encapsulation, IP and ASI)
- All components replaceable and hot-swappable
- Intuitive web-based user control
- Dual redundant hot-swappable power supplies
- Monitoring of power and fans
- SNMP trap generation
- SOAP/XML interface for external control