Oslo, Norway – 19 March, 2013
Appear TV, a leading global provider of next-generation head-ends for broadcast and IP television, today announced that Magyar Telekom, whose major owner is Deutsche Telekom, has selected Appear TV head ends to maximize the efficiency, flexibility and cost-savings generated by centralizing control of its cable infrastructure for its T-Home cable offering. The solutions were installed and tested by Appear TV’s Hungarian business partner, HFC Technics, and are now live.
The Appear TV solutions enable Magyar Telekom to increase efficiency by deploying local decode/RF modulation alongside MPEG/QAM to avoid simulcasting its analogue and digital services in the distribution network of its T-Home cable service. The Appear TV regional head end solutions also enable Magyar Telekom to improve the quality and launch new services for both its analogue and digital T-Home customers, as well as simplifying the addition of new digital channels and the phased removal of analogue channels.
“Installing our flexible solutions at its regional head ends means that Magyar Telekom can centralize control of its CATV infrastructure using its core IP network, support existing analogue customers and provide total flexibility over its future cable architecture,” said Carl Walter-Holst, CEO, Appear TV. “Our modular design philosophy made the solution provided to Magyar Telekom far superior to anything else the company could have deployed.”
The advanced features of Appear TV head-end modules include:
- Central, regional & edge of network capable head-end solutions for cable, terrestrial, satellite & IP based delivery networks
- Fully Integrated & versatile modular platform architecture allows operators to customise and scale the head-end for today and tomorrow
- Comprehensive I/0 signal interfaces with powerful Transport Stream processing capability & multiplexing
- High density decoding & descrambling for re distribution and service grooming
- Higher order modulation for all carriers & high capacity IP streaming
- Broadcast quality, high channel density multi format transcoding & encoding
- Multiple level redundancy, hot swap functionality integrated in 1 or 4RU carrier class chassis incorporating a web- based control UI.
About Appear TV
Appear TV is based in Oslo, Norway. The company produces world-class equipment that enables operators to deliver professional broadcast services to millions of users around the globe. The company is dedicated to developing reliable, revenue-generating and innovative solutions for operators looking to deliver real-time content to the home. Appear TV head-ends are designed for modularity, high density, and flexibility. www.appeartv.com
- end –
Director of Business Development
+44 (0)20 7486 4900